A recent photo of Michael Jackson's daughter, Paris Jackson, is giving more of a Demi Moore vibe and less King of Pop.
Obviously I liked his music, found all the tabloid gossip interesting, and was shocked when he died, but I never really got into his stuff.
Austin Brown--this kid's got it. I couldn't have been happier to catch Austin's show at SXSW, and would be a much cooler individual if I could learn his dance moves. The influence of uncle, Michael Jackson, is immediately obvious in Austin's stage presence. Brown is definitely going places.
•Why Adele had to cancel her entire U.S. tour •Who should play Amanda Knox? •Get ready for adorable overload •The newest celeb to channel Snow White •Why women are more promiscuous than ever before •Who's excited to see the the Michael Jackson Cirque du Soleil show? •Dear Ben and Jerry's, please make this flavor
I think that most college women want to be informed on current events and the news but they feel like they can’t. Log onto CNN.com or The New York Times website and there is so much information- what is the most important? The most current? What actually matters? What is relevant to me?
•5 reasons we're really excited for 'Captain America' •An epic look back at 'Harry Potter' •Do Sally Hansen's Salon Effects nail strips work? •In case you had doubts, Kim Kardashian's booty is 100% real •10 big companies that used to be cool •Whoa! It's two Brads! •Amazing coupons for the week
Maybe it's because I'm done with finals and I have nothing to worry about. Maybe it's because all of my favorite TV shows are going on hiatus. Maybe it's because I zoomed through my blogs too quickly this week, but I have to say, I've come to a sad realization. Celebrity scandal is dead.
How many times a week a day do you Google yourself? An embarrassing amount, right? Almost as embarrassing as the amount of time I spend diagnosing myself with fatal diseases on WebMD. But when we're not googling our own name and Facebook stalking our frenemies, we're googling (and ogling) guys. Like, a lot.
• A Facebook FAIL • Candy cane cocoa sounds amazing • If you like leopard, you'll love these • Lilo reunites with her dad • Don't get inked Harry Potter! • This girl has too much time on her hands • Great road trip movies you need to see
My grandma once told me that she had a secret love affair with Elvis Presley during his gyration days of “Jailhouse Rock.” Although the claim was about as real as Heidi Montag’s chest, my grandma made a good point: it was her word against his, and because he is no longer with us, by default, her word prevailed.
• What sorts of crazy is MJ's doctor spewing now!? • Donald Trump defends cheating bastards. • 8 signs he's a keeper. • Brody Jenner chose her over me?! Waaaah (Snooki voice) • 10 perfect black bags under $100 • Tiger Woods is committed to his marriage. For real this time.
Expect to hear a lot more Michael Jackson music in the coming years. Sony has signed the late King of Pop's estate to a recording contract that guarantees $200M and could be worth up to $250M, TMZ reports.
• Thank God this is one award TSwift didn't take. • Where's Andrew Koenig? • Perfect waves while you sleep?! • People are scum. And here is your evidence. • So Billy Corgan is not with Jessica. I think. • No more sexy time in the iTunes store.
• An earthquake? In Illinois?! • It's a miracle MJ didn't die sooner. • Make your legs look longer. Like, way long. • Google goes couture? • Calgary students protest tuition hike...naked. • What makes people on the Internet so angry?!
Is it just me, or does it seem like almost every celebrity out there had some giant scandal in 2009? I feel like I spent at least 3/4 of the year crouched in front of the TV or refreshing my news on the internet just to keep up. From Michael Jackson's shocking death, to cheating husbands, to a family sending a silver balloon in the air and forcing their family to lie just to get on TV, the scandals have gone from serious and sad to very WTF worthy.
• So, who's nominated this year? • Keep your eye on little Jenny Humphrey. • Style Dos and Don'ts of 2009. • Anthropologie makes me feel insecure. • Design your own Keds. They're actually cool! • Jackson family train wreck now on A&E.
One night we were watching the Grammy's and the next thing we knew Rihanna’s face was plastered all over TMZ with captions like “Chris beats RIhanna to a pulp.” I’m not here to go into details of the fight. I don’t care what sort of extreme nagging Rihanna did, whether Chris was texting another girl, or if Rihanna gave Chris an STD (as this was all speculated at some point).
I like Taylor Swift. I like that she's sweet and wholesome, I like that she writes her own music, I like that they play her music all the time on the radio so I can turn it up loud when I'm driving and sing at the top of my lungs. I think she's got awesome hair and love that she doesn't let her 5'11 frame bother her. I really do like her. But all that being said, I also think the Taylor-mania is getting a little out of control.
With the world premiere of This is It and recent trips to costume shops, I've got Michael Jackson on the brain. And when it comes to the King of Pop's style, one thing stands out: that single, sparkly glove. While donning a sequined glove is a very literal way to pay tribute to MJ (not to mention impractical - won't your other hand get cold?), sequins are EVERYWHERE this year.
Honeycrisp Apples may replace Pumpkin Spice as my favorite thing about fall. They are that. freaking. good. So good that they almost make me want to go to University of Minnesota (where they were created) and cheer them on instead of the Badgers. OK, maybe not but I will give them props for this fabu fruit.
• Looks like Miley's ruining America. • More people try to milk the Michael Jackson estate. • Michelle Obama's a Glamour cover girl. • A nightclub for overweight people? • Get this season's hottest trends at the lowest prices. • Natalie Portman really doesn't like meat.
• Does RPatz have a drinking problem? • The Olsen twins are designing clothes for us! • Is Kristin Cavallari killing The Hills? • Andre Agassi's got a big secret! • Why do guys dump women after sex? • Stars come out to honor MJ in L.A.
• Kanye West isn't dead, people. • Joe Jackson milks MJ's death for all it's worth. • Bethenny Frankel's got a (low carb) bun in the oven. • Cheap, amazing dorm room DIY. • Wanna have a threesome with Gerard Butler? • What jewelry is worth the splure?
• Michael's kids are getting their own reality show. • Tina Fey's long and lonely awkward phase. • Nightclubs are hazardous to women's health. • Why is everyone so mean to Jessica Simpson?? • Yes, you can look cute in the rain. • The Olsen twins' new line makes total sense.
I'm not sure about your neck of the woods, but for Northern Ontario, September means dreary. No sun, high humidity... And so I like to make my soundtrack fit that mold by switching over to some grungy, dark music. Naturally, I'm spinning Nirvana non-stop and have turned to re-read one of my absolute favourites: "Heavier Than Heaven" by Charles Cross.